Friday, August 20, 2010

'special friends' ( Art Exhibition of Lisa Henry Chu Foon ) Trinidad.

I was fortunate to know this kind and loving lady, Lisa Henry Chu Foon.  We had so many pleasant times over the years, together. She was truly a loving person, and was so honest and sincere and humble in all that she did.

She was also a very interesting art teacher, and was so patient, and made sure her students felt at ease.   But she was also very honest in her responses to your work.  She offered to give me private drawing and painting lessons, when I mentioned my interest in drawing.  I had expected it would be as part of a group, but I was her only student in this class, so I got her full attention!  What a privilege to have known her and studied under her careful eye.

 ( Rest in Peace)





Lisa Henry viewing her painting


What is wonderful about this photograph, is that the subject of the painting is also my very good friend; another person who has made such a difference in my life!  A friend who always believed in my work in the field of education, and through her efforts, made sure that many of my ideas, and examples of the practical application of that work, were published in the national newspaper of  Trinidad and Tobago!     Not to mention the many wonderful meals and the great hospitality she has  always shown our family, over the years!

  ( She is, in real life, a very slim person! She had her baby the day after the sitting was done for this painting!)





4 comments:

  1. I so remember that day with Lisa trying to sketch while the older children - her son Miguel, Mauri and Orion - were up to mischief. That was June 14 1986 (Saturday).

    The painting is now owned by Sheilah Solomon, and I hope she remembers I would like to buy it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She taught me the art of painting at John Donaldson Technical 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐭𝐞, what a beautiful talented teacher she was. R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. which one is lisa?

    ReplyDelete