Thursday, August 12, 2010

croton and flowers in a pink vase Aug.12, 2010.




Today  I decided to put together some of the same flowers in a different arrangement.  I looked at the sky, as I had wanted to do some 'sky paintings', but it actually hurts your eyes!  The sun was just too strong to look toward the heavens today.  Very early morning, or late afternoon, might work. But then you have to work very fast!  Maybe later.


I decided to 'take on the table' today, and I like it.  It is not quite there yet, but you can see the idea.  I will leave this one as it is, although I think there is more to do with the table, in another painting perhaps.  I like the starkness of the table as it is, in this one.

2 comments:

  1. I like the painting better than the actual flowers in the vase. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I felt good about this painting. One good thing that comes with being older, is that I am also bolder! There is nothing 'on the line'. I am doing it for the sheer enjoyment.

    (I don't think that the photograph of the real ones, does them justice. They were very beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete