Saturday, August 14, 2010

palm trees and skylines Aug. 14, 2010.

palm trees and skyline (watercolour)

Photograph I took yesterday.
Today I broke away!  I wet the paper, as I now remember you should do for large areas, or areas where you want the paints to blend, more than in others. And I didn't draw this one. Just a few strokes, before I wet the paper of course.  I am happy to be remembering my technique.  More spontaneous, and it went a little quicker too, as it is not so detailed as the flowers. And because I painted, instead of drawing!


I am glad to find out that I can paint a scene from a photograph, if I was there, and saw it myself, and took the picture. The sky changes so quickly that it is hard to paint at the best of times, but with the bright sun and glare, it is almost impossible. So this looks like it will work.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Enjoying your expedition. Will you integrate it with the teaching in the coming term?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will have to be delegated to weekends! We will see how that all works out. I am glad to know that I can paint a picture from a photograph, once I was the one who saw the real thing, and took the picture. I don't like to work from photos, but with the bright sun here, that looks like an option for 'sky work'.

    ReplyDelete