Tuesday, August 10, 2010

purple croton Aug. 10, 2010.

Today I was all set to paint some lovely peach coloured hibiscus flowers. But, they just would not
co-operate!  It is clear that they don't like being taken off their branches to be put into a vase!  I will have to go outside to capture their beauty.

As soon as I put the hibiscus flowers into a vase, they started to droop!  And by the time I had 'arranged' them, that was it!  They had started to curl up on themselves, to change colour and become transparent.

So, I found some croton, that was more co-operative.  It seemed to like the vase, and lasted all day. That is what you need for a still life painting.  It is a very beautiful plant.

I also found some tiny little flowers in the yard, that suited the arrangement just fine.  I am going to have to learn the name of these flowers and plants.  I have tried.  I even bought a book of Caribbean flowering plants. But the names just don't stick for some reason.  


still life

drawing

purple croton    (water colour)



No comments:

Post a Comment