Friday, August 6, 2010

flower in a white vase Aug.6, 2010.

still life



flower in white vase



I had decided not to paint anything today.  So I cleaned and dusted and even moved some boxes that had to be stored.  And I cut vines out in the yard.  I went and bought groceries, and even bought a hamburger at the mall, to eat. When I had done those things, I decided that I still had the energy to draw (only), a flower I had seen out in the yard. It is relatively rare I think.  It doesn't always bloom.

So, I started to draw, this simple, one flower in a vase, drawing.  The idea was that I would paint it tomorrow. Anyway, as you can see, I finished it.  I think I got the vase straight this time!  In fact the vase took the most  time to draw!!

And having drawn  the picture, I couldn't resist painting it. I had wanted to try a blue wall behind the flower. That too proved harder than I had anticipated.  The strokes, the evenness, the amount of water on the brush for such a large space.  It was not easy, but I have learned a bit about backgrounds!!

Anyway, this is the work for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment