Thursday, August 5, 2010

flowers in purple Aug.5, 2010.



I had a great time today, painting this picture. The vase was 'trouble', but I compromised, in the end.  That and the wall are still things to be worked on.  The flowers are all from our yard. Lucky that I planted so many different flowers, when I was into my gardening, full time!



These flowers 'drooped' by the time I took the picture!  They were bright and lively when I was painting them!  The purple flowers only bloom in the mornings. So they drop off, by afternoon. I had to paint them first, before the drawing was finished, to ensure that they were still there!


still life






flowers in purple 



I went out to work in the yard, and came back in with a still life of flowers instead!  I have the time, so it is a nice way to spend it.


I think there is something a little  'wild' about the way flowers grow!

1 comment:

  1. your vases are always falling over - your special surrealist quirk - but the flowers are perfectly wild!

    ReplyDelete