Monday, July 26, 2010

the art of jewelry making 1975-1978

Pendants, rings and key chains.
This was a clay piece made by my son for Mother's Day!
Rings and things.
There was a time in Trinidad, when I was totally involved in making jewelery. I had jewelery selling at various art and craft stores in Port of Spain.
I also had jewelery displayed for sale at the Kapok Hotel, and the Chaconia Inn, Trinidad. I used fine wire for some of these pieces. I used clay and plaster of paris, for some of the pendants. I used the casings that chocolates came, in as my molds for some of these. They provided a variety of shapes and sizes that were interesting. I then carved the designs into the surfaces.
It was fun, but alas, I eventually became so allergic to the wire I was using, that I had to stop! It is probably just as well. Above are some examples of this work that remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment