Saturday, October 23, 2010

" red.. as a ruby". Oct. 23, 2010.

I will admit that I went to a flower book today, to try to find the name of this flower.  But.. for now.. I will have to call it the red flower! I have tried over the years to remember the names of the plants and flowers I encounter here in Trinidad and Tobago.. but to no avail!

At one time, as an agricultural project of the school, we put name tags on all of the flowers, and trees, we have growing in the yard.  The students learned the names, but I did not!

So, here it is, "red as a ruby"!










I am beginning to appreciate and find the subtleties of water colours. There are so many factors that come into play!




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not knowing the names allows a direct connection. the names are thoughts which get between you and the flower. i wish i did not know any names of flowers.

    ReplyDelete