Sunday, October 31, 2010

'croton in all its glory!' ( water colour). Oct. 31, 2010.

Today I decided to tackle a painting of some flowering croton, that caught my eye in our yard the other day.
 I was just checking to see if the drain was clear.. and there were these amazing croton, with flowers!  So I went and got my camera, and took some pictures.

  I liked the many colours of red and purple and everything in between, with the light green of another plant that was a layer higher.  This is the result.  I enjoyed it, but still am looking for a way to increase the contrast, between the very dark background and the colours of the flowers and greenery.  Water colours become lighter as they dry, and so the contrast you thought you had, tends to fade a bit.






'croton in all its glory'   ( water colour )  Oct. 31, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment