Sunday, October 10, 2010

Purple flowers.. growing in Plymouth, Tobago. ( water colour ) Oct.10, 2010.

I took most of the morning locating this photograph..as I am on a different computer!  And then I remembered Picasa Photo Albums!  A good way not to lose your photographs!

I am still working on the technique of covering large spaces of paper ( backgrounds etc.), without it showing your every stroke.  Have not got it yet, but... I  wanted to get that strong contrast of the dark blue background.  In the photograph it looks almost black, and shows the contrast so well. So I took a chance!

 If anyone out there can give me any hints as to how to handle dark colours in  large spaces,  I would be very grateful.

( can't find the picture cropping facility on this computer.. sorry!)



No comments:

Post a Comment