Friday, November 5, 2010

'tiny red bells' ( water colour ) Nov. 5, 2010.

For years I have been noticing these little red, bell-shaped flowers, that catch your eye, when you are not looking for them.  They are tiny, but so bright, and they are tucked into a green foliage that  itself forms many patterns and lovely shapes. They have always reminded me of a miniature tree.. almost resembling a pine tree in the shape of its branches. (.. a stretch I know. )

 At one time I went searching for them, just to see how they grew, and to view  them close up. I finally got a few strands to plant in our yard, and it has taken them a few years to get tall enough to be noticed.  So, now that they are visible and look so cute and significant at the same time, I decided to try to paint them.







No comments:

Post a Comment