Saturday, September 18, 2010

Boat at Black Rock, Tobago. Sept. 18, 2010.




With new paints, brushes and a new supply of paper, I forge ahead. Beautiful paints to work with!

The colours are brilliant when used correctly. I had a couple of misadventures with them, until I got the water/paint ratio right. Still experimenting, but the materials are superior.  It feels good to stop the cleaning and dusting, and trips down memory lane, and get back into painting again! I like the sky the best, and it was done the most quickly.

 Thanks to all who made this birthday present happen!!! It takes a whole family to raise a mother!
 ( flown in all the way from Toronto, you know!)




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful gifts for your special gift! Looking forward to your new work. Happy birthday and a fruitful and rewarding year ahead. Tobago has one of the most expressive skyscapes so you have endles subject matter. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, Tobago is a great place for someone who paints, and all who can see! Sometimes the scenes I see around me, make me stop , mid-flight, and I feel genuine awe.

    Takes you out of the mundane world of the mind.. to somewhere else.. like the cathedrals you visited on your travels. I guess the architects took a lesson from nature.

    And nature is not captivating you, to send you off to war!

    ReplyDelete